June 2019

1st June 2019
Whole school trip - Tuesday 16th July
Please see below for a copy of the letter sent home with all children on Monday 24th June.
Should you need a packed lunch or coach place as per the letter for your child/ren, please return the slip to the school office by Wednesday 26th June at the latest.
If you don't require packed lunch/coach place, no need to return the slip.
Thank you.
Quick reminder
If you need to contact a teacher or other member of staff at school, please e-mail the office (office@hambrookprimary.org.uk) and your e-mail will be forwarded on.
Please don't e-mail the staff member directly. 
Thank you.
Sports Day
Our reserve Sports day is Friday 14th June.  We hope the weather will be kinder to us this time!  Please see the information below:
*The timings will be exactly the same as for the original date.
*School lunches will be served as usual as there is no picnic taking place afterwards.
*We are watching the weather forecasts and the final decision of whether Sports Day goes ahead will be made on Friday morning at the latest.  We will let parents know by text as soon as the decision is made.
*Please can children wear their PE kits to school on Friday (kits will be sent home on Thursday).
*If we are forced to cancel again, we are conscious that time is running out within this term to run it.  There are lots of different events/class trips going on within these last few weeks of term that mean we are limited on when Sports Day can go ahead.
We don't want the children to miss out on their Sports Day, and so we have decided that we will run it when the weather (and the condition of the Common) is good.  This may mean we run it at short notice.  We appreciate that parents like to come along to Sports Day, and this may mean that we don't have as many of you there to watch.  We hope you'll agree that it's important your children don't miss out, and by doing it this way it means we have more chance of being able to run it during this period of unsettled weather.  This is only in the event of cancellation on Friday, so fingers crossed for the weather for the rest of the week.